Monday, January 26, 2009

Viva Las Resurrection


Viva Las Resurrection
By Moldy Marvin
04/09/2007




As I headed out at dawn last Thursday in by brothers 40 bowtie
Her 427 carried me away to a place I had been before
Familiar faces and new names were anticipated
New rides to see along with a new experience were about to appear
Her big block was thirsty and so was I as the festive weekend was about to start

The days were long and the nights even longer
The music was plentiful while the Barley Soda and Jack filled our veins and the plastic Johns in the parking lot!

Oh and what good times I had swapping stories with the boys while chasing the Betties that wore flowered attire, adorning parasols that protected their fair beauty from the blazing sun

It is you, all of you that make up the driving force that brings me to this place.And then, Sunday in the darkness as I pack up to leave, I fire up the 40 to warm her blood

I am Resurrected and so are my brothers who share the ride home
A new dawn, another year, another experience that was truly communal

The steel chariots, the sound of the revving mills and the relationships that will forever be embedded in my heart

Until next year my friends.....

May the roads be open, your journeys safe, with the wind at your back, clear skies above and a full tank of gas

Viva Las Resurrection

Love the Moldy one


1 comment:

  1. Cool Blog I just happen to find it,Brother Fink Zongo

    ReplyDelete